We are passionate about simplifying and automating
The product department with its Product Manager (CPO) is within the parent company SoftOne AB (publ) and acts as a customer and works with requirements together with QA (Quality Assurance), while the development department within SoftOne Application AB, a wholly owned subsidiary with a development manager (CTO), is the executor and secures the SaaS service both technically and in terms of development and maintenance. The product department is also responsible for ongoing tests, comprehensive tests, documentation and final approval before launch.
The requirements come from the customers via workshops, reference groups, ongoing dialogues, but also from salespeople, the consulting department and in the ongoing dialogue with our product specialists within Service & Quality. Of course, we constantly monitor the market and the outside world via an extensive network. At SoftOne, we are all passionate about simplifying and expanding automation in a responsive way where we always go the extra mile with the customer at the center.
The product department naturally works closely with the developers to ensure that the overall result is as good as possible and to ensure publications every two weeks with very high quality. We work according to a roadmap for the actual development of the service as well as a technical roadmap to take advantage of the technological advances.
At SoftOne, we constantly strive to invest in and use the latest methods and technologies to constantly be at the forefront.
- The new web interface uses the Angular framework to get the best possible user experience and compatibility with as many browsers as possible.
- The development process is conducted in an agile manner according to the SCRUM methodology with the release of new versions every two weeks to reduce risks and for customers to have access to new functions as quickly as possible.
- Softone’s cloud service (Softone GO) is mostly operated and developed on Microsoft technology with SQL Server as the database engine and C# as the development language.
- Users can choose to work either on mobile via apps for Android and iPhone or via a web interface.
- The cloud service also has a REST-based API that external developers can use to help customers retrieve information for use in other systems or, conversely, put things into SoftOne GO.
- SoftOne is ISO27001 certified. Read more about what that means here.
- We work with automatic tests to ensure high quality.
- We are a Microsoft Gold Partner.
Get to know our development department
We work according to one of the most common agile frameworks, SCRUM, with so-called sprints that run in two weeks. Our way of working allows us to deliver frequently and to constantly make incremental fine-tuning of the system based on customer needs, feedback and things happening in the outside world. Large features are often launched in collaboration with pilot customers. We have continuous testing in the sprints and involve large parts of the company in the testing.
Focus is important in development as we never want to compromise our quality and constantly work towards our vision; to develop the Nordic region’s leading complete business system.